Sunday, August 31, 2008

3-Day Weekends!

I'm so excited to get a 3 day weekend!  Now that I'm in the working world, I never get out for the school holidays/closures like Spring Break, Christmas Break, summer.  It's kinda depressing to tell you the truth!  But so far we've been busy with our Labor Day weekend!  I don't have any pictures to share (I'm a picture slacker), so stone me later.

Friday, Chris and I got to have a date night.  We didn't do anything special, but we curled up on the couch, watched a movie, ate pizza, and cuddled.  It's been a while since we had a night to ourselves and I didn't have to study or do my other wifely duties (laundry, dishes, general cleaning all around).

Last night we were invited to a friend's home for BBQ.  Chris and I brought chicken, Joe and Jen brought teriyaki beef (super yummy) and Pam and Micha made grilled shrimp (also super yummy).  We also had rice, potato salad, green beans, deviled eggs and watermelon.  It was so cute watching how Joe and Chris took over the grill.  I think Micha was okay with that, he got to come in and watch some of the Michigan vs. Utah game.  After dinner we played yet another new game.  I don't remember the name of it, but the board is a big map and you get 3 cards with destinations on it, and you have to get your trains to all the destinations.  Joe won...snot.  It was fun, Chris and I may have to buy that one!

Tonight we are going to the Traveler's game with my family.  We probably won't stay too long, but it'll be fun anyways.  Then tomorrow night we're going to H.S. to BBQ at my parents house.  I love it when we get together there.  My mom makes the best BBQ beans and deviled eggs EVER!  

We have some friends having to evacuate for Hurricane Gustav, so I hope they make it to their destinations safely and that no harm or damage comes to their loved ones or property.  It sucks having to evacuate.  Chris and I lived in SETX almost exactly one month before having to evacuate for Rita.  So good luck everyone!

No comments: