Sunday, August 3, 2008

25 + 3


That's how old I am now.  And we don't say the actual number...FYI.  Yesterday was my birthday and I had a great day!  Celebrations started Friday night when Chris and I went to the IMAX and saw Batman: The Dark Knight and it was a wonderful movie and by far the creepiest Batman movie to date.  I think knowing that Heath Ledger died from an overdose after making the movie made it even more creepier.  Anyhow, it was a great movie and seeing it on the IMAX was awesome!

Yesterday I got some housework done in the a.m., and then a couple friends and their kiddos came over and we swam for a couple of hours.  After they left, I took a shower and headed to Dillards.  I found a really cute skirt and a couple of tops, but when I went to check out I thought Chris had my debit card so I wrote a check and it was denied!  I was so embarrassed.  I knew I had plenty of moneys in my account so I was really confused.  I called the company that runs the checks through, and turns out that Dillards was monitoring for a certain type of fraud written on checks over a certain amount, and mine looked enough like that to be stopped and considered high risk.  I was really mad and so I didn't go back to get my stuff.  

For dinner, Chris made us reservations at this Brazilian Steak House called Gaucho's.  My mom and dad, Uncle Robert, a couple cousins, Jennifer and Joe, and Pam and Micha came.  The restaurant brings you out some side dishes and then they come to your table with a huge skewer of meat, they tell you what it is, and if you want it, they start carving a piece for you.  It was chaos to me and I was pretty overwhelmed, but it was really good.  I ate way too much!  They had grilled pineapple that was delicious and they brought me out a birthday creme brulee for dessert.  

After dinner and saying goodbye to my family, Chris and I went to Pam and Micha's to play cards.  Jennifer and Joe and Pam and Micha taught us a new card game called Hand and Foot.  It was fun, but there were too many rules for me to wrap my head around for one night.  We'll have to do it again!  

Here are some pictures of my birthday!


Chris and me

Mommy and me

Daddy and me

Pam, Jennifer and me

Chris, Joe, and Micha

Happy Birthday to ME!


6 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

we had a lot of fun and we'll have to do it again really soon!!!

Matt & Ali said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish birthdays were as fun as they were when we were young! Not that they aren't fun now but it's just not the same! My birthday is the 21st along with three nieces and two brothers and my mom who all have August birthdays! Busy month..

ek said...

bon anniversaire! hope to see you guys soon...

Jennifer said...

I'm gonna use that when I turn 25+4 in two weeks.
Happy B-Day!

Anonymous said...

me too! 25 + 1 in just a few more days! I like that...

NWA Beaty's said...

Nice pictures...Glad you had a nice time...