Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jack-a-roo

My dad's dog, Jack, was attacked today by a golden lab.  His back leg is torn up, the dog tore his hip out of socket, and has torn some ligaments and cartilage.  He'll be okay, once the vet is finally able to put his hip back in place, but Jack's outdoor running time is long gone.

My mom called and said a dog tore Jack up and he was at the vet.  I originally thought he had been mauled and was just barely hanging in there.  Then I talked to my dad, and he explained what his injuries were and that he'd be okay, but he probably won't be himself.

Baxter loves Jack and Jack is the only dog Baxter really loves.  Jack is 8 years old in human years, and he is super fast, which is probably a good thing, because that's probably how he got away.  But the neighbor found him barely being able to walk and carried him home and got in touch with my dad.  

So please keep Jack-a-roo in your prayers.  I know he's a dog, but he's our family, too.  


2 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

poor little jack, that's terrible he will be in our prayers and what happened to the lab?

ek said...

oh no! i couldn't survive without my baby gucci. we'll pray for him!