Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rough Day

This morning I went to work.  It began like any typical Wednesday morning.  I pulled into the parking lot and the landscaping guys were there.  I went upstairs, started settling in for the morning and my coworker Kevin kinda ran by.  I just figured he was going to get a drink or something, so I kept working on my notes. 

And then I heard a patient crying.  

And then I heard sirens.

And so I walked to the front of the building.  There were fire trucks, ambulances, one of our doctors...and our crash cart from the surgery center.  

Apparently, one of the landscaping guys was on the riding lawnmower (one of those 0 degrees ones) and he was on the side of the building.  With the lawn mower on top of him.  He apparently hit the hill at the wrong angle and it flipped him over.  The best they could tell is that when it flipped over, he hit his head at the right spot to knock him out, and either he suffocated from the angle he was in or it cut off his airway, because his neck was not broken.  

The lawnmower was cold, so nobody knew how long he had been like that.

One of our patients found him.

Our doctor pronounced him dead.  It was awful.  

Just goes to show that you never know what can happen to you and when.  




On a lighter note, Chris saw a Camaro with 2 black guys driving it, and a pair of truck nuts on the back.  

Chris and I are headed to TX tomorrow, so hope everyone has a great weekend!!!  Loves!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is absolutely awful!

jennifer rogers said...

oh that is a horrible thing! Sorry you had to go through that!

We hope you have a good trip and we won't know what to do without ya'll this weekend.....

Gloria Brown said...

That's horrible! But at least you weren't the one to find him. That's something no one should have to see!