Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What a BUSY weekend!

My parents went on vacation about 2 weeks ago, and so we watched their dog, Jack.    He is super good (at least as good as a Jack Russell can possibly be) in his old age and Baxter thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread.  We really took him because we needed my parents to take Baxter while we went away for the weekend.   We're sneaky like that :)  

We took off Thursday mid morning (I had to work till 11) and headed to SETX.  We met some friends, Arthur and Gretchen, and their new babies, twins Kamryn and Kane (girl/boy) for dinner that night.  They are a little more than 2 months old and so adorable!  We stayed at their house Thursday night and had a blast.  We stayed up way past our bedtime and slept in a little Friday morning.  

We had some errands to run Friday in Beaumont, so we got that done and headed to SWLA to visit Shannon and Jeremy.  I go to school with Shannon and she's one of my bestest friends :)  We had a great dinner (they're french/cajun and boy can they cook) and watched Phelps win his 7th gold of the Olympics in the 100 m (?) breaststroke.  It was AWESOME!  We called it an early night and headed for bed after that.  The next morning (Saturday) we got up and headed back to SETX for graduation.  

Another great friend of ours, Celina, graduated with her Au.D. Saturday, so we wanted to be there to support her.  She was supposed to be the 3rd one called (her last name would make her 3rd in her group of Audiology, and Audiology was first because of the 'A'...obviously), but they called the first 2 and then skipped her and went to the Engineering department.  She was freaking out!  But they figured out their mistake and went back to her.  After she graduated (we didn't stay for the whole thing) we went to Houston.  Celina had a graduation party at the Downtown Aquarium Saturday night and we had a wonderful time!  

Sunday morning we got up and drove to Dallas.  We made a few stops on the way, and had an early dinner with our friends Lindsay and Adam.  Lindsay and I also go to school together and had a great time catching up.  I think we bored the boys to death, though :)  It was so nice to see them!  We ate at Chuy's, this little mexican joint, and it was DELICIOUS!  After dinner, Chris and I headed back to LR.  

We got in late, but had a wonderful trip...even though we were so busy!  Now to catch up on some sleep :)  

Jack the dog
Me and Kane

Me and Kamryn

Chris and Jeremy

Shannon and me

Us at Celina's graduation

Celina getting her hood

Megan (we go to school together) and me at Celina's party

Chris, me, Celina, and her fiance Jake

The most awesome cake EVER.  Which will be duplicated for my graduation party.

A fish at the aquarium

Stingrays at the aquarium


Lindsay and Adam

Lindsay and me

Me and Chris on the drive home

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I won't lie. The cake freaks me out a little.

jennifer rogers said...

that is a cool cake did the people on the food network do it? you know the ace of cakes people??

the Pulleys said...

Ditto the 'Ace of Cakes' comment! I certainly agree w/ you on the ear cake. Can't quite see into the inner ear, but it'll have to do. : ) Greatest I've seen...you defin. need one of those!

NWA Beaty's said...

The kids are so cute. The ear cake is neat. Love the pictures....