Tuesday, June 24, 2008

ugh

This morning did not start well.  But before I get into that, you should know that I went to bed at 8 p.m. last night, so you'd think I'd have a great day after 10+ hours of sleep.  But that, my friend, was not the case.

I woke up around 5:30 this morning and noticed that my eye was kinda sore.  I crawled out of bed, turned on the bathroom light, and sure enough, my eye was all puffy and swollen.  Kinda pink, but not the 'matted, drainage, pink-eye pink', so I thought I'd be fine.  I wore my glasses today, which I hate doing, just so my contacts wouldn't irritate it any further.  I did great all day.  I didn't rub my eye and it didn't bother me.  Until about 4:45.  When all I wanted to do was take a sharp point and scratch the bejeezus out of it.  And it hasn't stopped since.  As a matter of fact, it's started draining as well.  So, I assume when I wake up in the morning, I'll have a nice matted eye and won't be able to go to work.  Because we all know, pink eye is contagious. 

To make matters worse, I decided to wear a pair of shoes today that I haven't worn in, oh, I don't know, 3 years.  They're super cute, Cole Haan, pointy toe black shoes with a very low heel.  But they rubbed about 7 blisters on my toes and I think I'll burn them at the stake.  So at lunch, I had Chris bring me some different shoes, but forgot to mention I needed some socks with them, so now I also have 2 blisters on the back of my heels...in addition to the other 18 blisters.  So I think I'll go crawl in a hole now.  Especially because I feel like I've been beaten with the ugly stick.




3 comments:

Gloria Brown said...

Oh, my poor Clare! It will be better soon.

jennifer rogers said...

that sucks....hope you have a swift recovery....my dad used to say "Ooh they fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down" :) I know you didn't look THAT bad :)

ek said...

how's the eye?