Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Put this down in the history books

I miss Texas.  And not necessarily the STATE, but those that I love that live there.   I didn't realize how attached I became to my routine (school, study, clinic; school, study, clinic) and the people I spent all my time with.  I miss them!!

My great friends, Arthur and Gretchen had twins (boy/girl) last week and I can't believe I missed it!  I can't wait to see the babies in person!  But in the meantime, pictures will have to do.  They are so cute and so far look just like their daddy!

Kamryn Shea


 Kane Reese

Joni just moved to D.C. for her externship year.  She always kept things in perspective for us all and told us how it was.  It could be really interesting at times considering she doesn't have a filter.  She let me crash on the air mattress while I was homeless in TX and my hubby was homeless in AR.  She has two Yorkies and always kept Baxter when we couldn't take him somewhere.  Just don't wake her up, she might bite.  :)

Shannon is in LA and is pretty much just like me.  Kind of quiet until she gets to know you, and then she just tells you how it is.  She hemmed pants for me for my interview and let me stay at her house in her comfy guest bedroom when I had clinic in LA.   She and I are secret ninjas together (although not so secret anymore), and she loves the Razorbacks.  I think mainly to piss her husband off, who is an avid LSU fan, but that's fine by me.  

Lindsay is the most dedicated person I know.  She's an avid cycler, she puts God first in everything she does (which is something I admire, mainly because I have a difficult time doing it and she makes it seem so easy), and she always always looks cute...which makes me sick :)  I don't think she has an enemy anywhere.  Everyone loves her.  Oh, and did I forget she's brilliant?  I'm amazed at how she works through problems.  

The 4 of us after receiving our White Coats.
Left to Right: Shannon, Joni, Lindsay, me

Celina is my other awesome friend to whom I owe my sincerest gratitude because she kept me from freaking out after the Praxis.  She's a year ahead of me in school, but we're the same age and she and I lived in the same apartment complex for a while.  We studied for Medical Aud together and when she moved I was so sad!  But I got to stay with her when I had clinic at the VA in Houston.  She and her fiance would cook me dinner and then we would have a round of Rock Band before calling it a night.  She's so kind and generous and always keeps me on my toes!

OK, done with memory lane...for now.

No comments: