Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The day I had

This was a conversation this morning before we started seeing patients.  All the audiologists were standing around when one started talking about when her daughter was in Copenhagen.

Audiologist: When my daughter was in Copenhagen all anyone would take for payment besides cash was a Danish Visa card.  Who has a Danish Visa?
**Everyone at this point was asking why it was so important to the Danish people for them to have their own Visa?
Me: I don't know about ya'll, but I have 3.

I thought my supervisor was going to pee his pants.  Seriously.  I mean, it's a little funny, but not a lot funny.

Then we had a doozie of a patient come in.  He gave the receptionist a horrible time (and she happens to be one of the sweetest people I know) and so she scheduled him to come back later in the afternoon for me to see him for a hearing aid counseling.  This is how it went.

Me: This is the type of hearing aid that I recommend for you.  Do you want the same type of earmold for both ears?

Patient: You're the professional, you tell me.

Me:  I chose the guts of the hearing aid, there's no changing that.  You need to tell me how much you care about your appearance, because there's going to be 2 different types of styles.  One is an earmold and the other is open with a thin tube.  Do you want them to be the same on both hearing aids or not?

Patient: Oh.

***screaming inside***  Some patients can just wear on your patience.  But I sold him 2 hearing aids.  Hopefully they'll work out!

Hope everyone else had a good day!

2 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

people can be really dense huh? It reminds me of working at subway in high school and when people would come in i would ask them do you want a six inch or a footlong and they would ask me, "what's the difference?" Ahhhh..... some people are so "special"

Anonymous said...

you should wire up a couple christmas lights onto a little box and stick an ear piece on it and have it for patients like this.

when they make a comment like this, you simply tell them that any patient who lets the doctor decide gets the "doctor special" and show him this huge box with blinking lights on it.

of course, then you'll end up with at least one old fool that wants that one as a fashion statement. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! me me!! pick me!!!