Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Crouching Ninja, Hidden Robber

My friend sent me this link to a news story about these persons who are apparently robbing some drug stores.  I know it's not a new concept, but they are dressing like NINJAS!  You can find the news store here.  

I had a super slow work day today.  I'm normally super busy, but today was so slow.  There were only a few doctors in, so that makes for a slow day.  The only interesting thing that happened was when a lady came in to have her hearing aids adjusted.

Me: calling into the waiting room Mrs. Whatchacallit

Mrs. Whatchacallit:  I'm not deaf.

Me: thinking to myself: You have hearing aids, don't you.  This should be fun.

I adjust her hearing aids some and she puts them in her ears.

Me:  Are we on?

Mrs. Whatchacallit:  No

Me: Can you hear me?

Mrs. Whatchacallit: Yes.  But there's no noise

Me:  Good, we don't want there to be noise.  That's what you wanted me to change.

Mrs. Whatchacallit: Yeah, but they're not whistling. 

Me:  That's because they're in your ear correctly.

Mrs. Whatchacallit: as she covers her ears with her hands: But they are supposed to squeal when I do this.

Me: Not always, especially if they fit well and are in your ear correctly.  They will whistle if you mess with the microphones.

Mrs. Whatchacallit: Like this?  And they start squealing away

Me:  Yes.  Like that.

I was so ready to get her out of the office!  I think I'll avoid her next time she comes in :)

I got home this evening and Chris and I went and took a little swim in the pool, had dinner, and we're going to watch a movie here in a few minutes.  I love it when he's home!

No comments: