Friday, February 1, 2008

More than 600.

I have to score more than a 600 on the Praxis Audiology exam to pass. 

I took that dang test on January 12th, and haven't been able to stop stressing about it since.  Every time there's a dull moment, my mind wonders to all the questions I didn't know...probably around half.  The good thing about it is that there's not an 'all right or all wrong' answer, like in a regular test you'd take in school.  Each question has some sort of point value associated with its answers.  So even though I may not have answered correctly, I still earn some point value for even answering.  Also, not all of the 120 questions are actually scored.  Some of the questions are on the test as 'practice' for the people who make the test.  Meaning, they put some questions in to determine what the point value would be if it were to be added to a test as a real question at a later date.  Everyone I've spoken to says they were positive they were going to have to retake the test, and they have all passed, but that still doesn't keep me from stressing out.  On top of this, every time I talk to my dad, he asks if I've received my scores yet.  I'm just afraid of disappointing him.  And Chris.  And everyone else I know who has supported me in this crazy decision in becoming an Audiologist.  I think I'm going to pay an extra 30 bucks to call next Friday and get my score.  Let me rephrase that, I think I'll have Chris call.  Because if I don't pass, or if I did, there's a good chance I may faint.  That way, by finding out next Friday if I didn't pass, I'll have time to register for the next test in March.  And have time to study more.  Let's pray I pass.  Oh, and if I pass, I don't have to take comps, which is just something else to stress about.

But, either way, I do get my white coat in April.  That's so exciting to me!  It will say: 
S. Clare {insert last name}
 Audiology 
It can't say 'Dr.' yet, because I haven't graduated, but the writing will be in eggplant!  I was so thrilled to find out I could pick the color and the font!  I feel bad b/c I can't invite everyone that I'd like to be there (there's a limit on our budget which meant that we could only invite a certain # of people), but the white coat ceremony will be short and sweet, and graduation is the icing on the cake, so everyone will be invited for that next May!  I think some of my classmates have already started a countdown!

Baxter got a haircut Wednesday...finally!  I'll have to post some before/after pics later, but he really was in desperate need of it.  Since then, he's been a different dog.  He's been so hyper, wanting all of his toys out of the basket (he apparently saw his cousin Rylie's photo and got the idea that he too, should drag everything out) and wanting constant attention.  We had put up this bone that Grammy and Grumpy (Chris' parents) got him for Christmas b/c the squeaker is super annoying and he spotted it yesterday.  He whimpered and whined until we got it down.  Finally he focused his attention on his tennis ball, so we put it back up :)  He's also gotten into a routine (an annoying one at that) when Chris is home.  We're trying to break him of it, because he becomes real whiney and it's just not fun.  He's a great dog, but he sure is getting whiney in his old age!

Oh, and there's still no snow in SETexas.  



No comments: