Thursday, February 28, 2008

If people could pull their head out their butts for just one minute...

I'd be very happy!  Yesterday I drove the hour and 45 minute drive from Houston back to Beaumont after clinic.  I pull onto my street which goes through a school zone.  Some turd in a Ford SUV pulled out in front of me and went 5 miles/hour through the school zone.  The speed limit in said school zone is 20.  So I went around her.  No biggie...right?  Apparently I ticked her off so much that at the next red light she pulled up beside me and started yelling at me saying that it was unsafe to go the SPEED LIMIT in the SCHOOL ZONE!  (BTW...I hate Texas and most who drive and or live in it)  She also said she was going slow in case a child were to walk across the crosswalk.  I can appreciate that...but there are 2 crossing guards there to ensure the children's safety during school hours...and they were both seated at the either ends of the walkway.  So after she got done ranting and raving, her light turned green and a car behind her honked...and I gave her the 'Friends' version of the bird.  

I can't wait to move out of Texas.  There's too many people who feel like it's their duty to teach you a lesson by screaming at you from their vehicles.  I need a gun.  Or better yet, a paint gun and that way you would know they are the 'can't pull their heads out their butt' type driver and to avoid them at all costs.


4 comments:

Melissa said...

One thing about Texas drivers that I do like is that on the back roads, if you are going faster than the person in front of you, they will usually pull off the road so you can pass! Texas highway systems are so screwed up though.

jennifer rogers said...

I hate people like that Clare!! Don't you wish you drove a big beat up truck that you wouldn't care if it got messed up and you could just ram the people who tick you off?

Starting Over said...

Get some silly string and shoot it at people. I mean, it's a great way to let them know they are being ridiculous, and hopefully it would humiliate them at the same time!

Clare said...

silly string! a great idea!
and jennifer...i totally want a people pusher on the front of my car!