Friday, February 29, 2008

...

Do you remember a previous post about my plans always blowing up in my face?  Well, it happened again.  Yesterday Chris had the day off, and so we were lazing around in the morning and got to talking about the big move coming up.  Then we started wondering if our lease was really up at the end of April like we thought, or if it was the end of March.  We've already planned everything on the concept that the lease was up at the end of April, and come to find out, it's up at the end of March.  

What does this mean?  Well, it means Chris will be living with my brother and sis in law for 2 weeks, Baxter will be living with my mom and dad (he can't stay where Chris is b/c my nephew is allergic...and the last time Baxter was at their house on move in day, he pooped on the carpet, so he's not welcome) and I'll be homeless.  Seriously.  For the whole month of April and part of May.  School isn't over for me until mid May.  I'm going to go ahead and do 3 days of clinic each week in March so that in case something happens, I'm not stuck in a hotel in Houston, too.  That means I'll be done with clinic at the end of March.  

On top of that, I know some people I can stay with.  However, I just feel like I'm putting them out, and hate for them to feel like they have to entertain me.  And I surely won't stay in one place to long, so that means I need to stay at several people's house.  Do you know how it is staying with others for a long period of time?  I'm going to have to do laundry (which means I need to have my own laundry detergent and dryer sheets b/c I have sensitive skin with that stuff), so I may even go to a laundromat.  I'll need my own towels, pillows, bath stuff, etc.  I'll be living out of my car.  I'll still need some of my books, so that I can study, so those have to stay with me...in my car.  So Chris and I were talking this morning that after he gets settled in the new apartment I could just drive home on Tuesday mornings b/c I only have class on Mondays, and then drive back on Tuesdays.  But gas is so high, and I just got new tires, but still don't want to wear them down driving 600 miles + every week.   

And then there's the dilemma of where to put all of our crap.  It's one thing to pack it up in a U-Haul and deliver it a set destination within a few days.  But to pack it up in a U-Haul and put it in storage for 2 weeks only to pack it back up and unload it again is really annoying.  And ALL of our stuff will have to go in storage.  There's no way it would fit in my parents garage (my mom sold her business and all of the therapy stuff is now occupying the garage) and my brother would not allow in the wildest of dreams for our stuff to fill his garage while his BMW sat outside.  Uh uh, no way Jose.  Plus all that clutter would drive him insane.  

Why can't just ONE of my plans work out???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

will your landlord not allow you to stay 1 extra month? In Leverett Gardens... I lived there about 2 years with no lease. i guess it just depends on how many people are wanting to rent there. -ek

Clare said...

yes, they'll allow it at 100 bucks over market value...which would mean rent for that ONE month would be about 1000 bucks. they've raised rent since our lease was signed last year, and it's going up again. cost of living in SETX sucks. i even asked if we could just have a 2 week extension...no go.