Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Man, 30, Rides Bike!

Yesterday was not a typical Monday. I didn't have class, so I got the chance to have an extra day to get caught up on homework for school, since I wasn't feeling so great over the weekend. Chris had to work early, so we had made plans to go do some grocery shopping when he got home. You know how you can make a plan until your blue in the face and it will never come to fruition? Well, that seems to happen a lot in our little family.


Last night, after finally getting some errands completed (not the grocery shopping) we decided to have dinner at Chili's. It was really good, with good service (which is rare here) and we had leftovers. We got home and Chris got his stuff out of his truck for today (I drive Chris's truck to Houston on Tuesdays because his tires are a little better than mine, and he gets a little better gas mileage). We went to bed at a decent hour, but I didn't fall asleep until 1 o'clock this morning. I had to be up at 4:30. I got out the door this morning and finally made it to Houston. At lunch, I checked my phone and had a message from Chris that I should call ASAP. So I called, and turns out, he forgot to get the spare set of keys for my car out of his...so he didn't have a way to work this morning! Good thing we didn't take the bikes to Arkansas a couple weeks ago! So, Chris had to ride his bike to work this morning...poor thing! A friend is going to take him home today, but he'll have to ride his bike again tomorrow, because I won't be there until tomorrow afternoon!


Do you think he'll ever forget the spare set of keys again? I think not.

5 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

that sucks.....poor Chris :)

Beaty Photography said...

Good Luck Bro! At this rate maybe you'll be wanting a road bike to ride with me!

Best Word Verification Ever: FEONG!

Gloria Brown said...

I hope he wore a helmet!

Starting Over said...

What a sad, but funny, story! How far is it to work? It sounds like you're doing well...I'm happy for you!

Jennifer said...

Hi!!! So, totally round-about way of finding you...I looked at Andrea's blog and saw that JP's was there, but didn't click when I looked at her site that you were the Claire I knew until I read your comment on Melissa's blog. Hope you're well!!