Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's snowing!

Haha!  Just kidding!  I live in SET, do you really think it snows here??  However, some friends and family in NWA are getting snow while we get rain, and I just had to vent.  We know some people here in SET who have never seen snow.  Seriously.  They've never seen snow.  I can't imagine now knowing what snow looked like, felt like.  To never sled down a snow covered hill or be in a snowball fight, it's unimaginable.  But my friends in NWA are posting pics of the snow covering their homes, the University campus, etc., and we had torrential downpour of rain.  It makes me laugh driving here in SET, because there are signs that say 'Road may ice when wet'.  It's not iced here in who knows how long.  Hail?  yes.  Flood?  yes.  Hurricane?  yes.  Ice?  not so much.  I guess it's safe to say, I not only miss the snow, but the possibility that it could snow.  
My mom had to go to Branson yesterday for a conference this weekend.  She's in a 4x4 vehicle, and knowing her, she'll get cabin fever and decide to try to make it home.  I think Branson was supposed to get about 4 - 8 inches of snow.  My dad and I both told her that she was to stay put and not try to get home in any rush.  She'll probably relish the extra time she could shop the sales.  Crap, she may never come home!

I talked to my little brother yesterday, too.  He lives in Montana, and said he practically had to walk through a blizzard.  James wears size 3 jeans (womens...don't ask) and is about 100 pounds wet.  I'm surprised he didn't get blown away!  Hopefully he's had enough of the cold and will move back south soon.  





No comments: