Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jingle Bell Run: Take 2

This morning I woke up in Jon and Kricia's guest bed (which is super comfy) and knew that later in the morning I'd be waddling my way through a 5k that benefits the Arthritis Foundation.  And I was not looking forward to it.  Last year I walked with my mom and some of her teacher friends and had a great time and sure enough, this year was great, too!

Kricia joined us this year, but she ran (in 27:24) the race while we walked it.  I was a little concerned about being able to make it the entire 3.1 miles being one week shy of 7 months, but I was determined to do it!  Last year mom and I made it to the finish line in about 53 minutes, and today we made it just over an hour.  Not too bad for a waddler!

After the race we got our goody bag and water and went to Canon Grill in the Heights for lunch with everyone.  We had a great time chatting, and one of the teacher's teenage daughter admitted she did not know the Lord's Prayer and vowed to never marry a man whose mother lived in the country or if she was alive. We all got a big kick out of that!  Apparently her 'Nanny', her mom's MIL gave her mom a dust pan and a book on how to keep a tidy and orderly home.  We all cracked up!

Today was so much fun, but I'm so sore!  I hope Chris doesn't oppose to giving me a back and foot rub! I'm gonna need it!  And here's to next year with the 'St. Nick's Chicks'! 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I loved walking when I was pregnant the first two times. It was really weird because normally I hate it LOL! This last time though...I really wanted to walk, but I just couldn't do it. It's rough when the waddling starts just 6 weeks into the pregnancy! I'm so excited to see pictures of your precious boy when he is born.