Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

On Christmas Eve, Chris and I packed up all the gifts and our clothes we would need for the following few days, dropped Baxter off at Jon and Emily's, and headed down to Hot Springs.  My side of the family always gets together Christmas Eve and it's always a blast.  We used to have it at my Grandma's, but it's now held at my mom's and dad's house.  There was flooding on I-30 from Little Rock to Benton, so a portion of the highway had been closed.  Family that lives in Little Rock had to get a little creative on how to bi-pass the highway in order to make it there!  My cousins Keegan and Morgan are getting married and they brought their fiances with them...it was so great to break them in! :)

Uncle Robert, Aaron, and Ken



Uncle Robert, Aunt Susan, Shane


James and me


Jimmy (Keegan's fiance) and Morgan


Hubby!


Keegan and Grandma


Christmas Eve was so fun!  I can't wait for Luke to be here for next year's festivities!

Christmas morning we woke up and did Christmas with my little brother, James and my mom and dad.  We had breakfast and the plan was for Chris and I to head to NWA to do Christmas morning, but NWA and Fort Smith got snow and ice Christmas Eve, so we were stuck in Hot Springs for an extra day.  We made the best of it and really ended up having a great time.  Finally, on Saturday, we came back to Fort Smith via Little Rock and went over to Jon and Emily's for a bit.  Sunday the four of us and the pup dogs trekked to NWA to do our Christmas with the Beaty's!  We had a great time there, and I only ended up with one picture, so I'll have to steal some at a later date.



We were so blessed this year!  So many wonderful things have happened!  We love our family, we love our life, and most of all, we love our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.  Next year will be our first Christmas as a family with a child!  We can't wait!

1 comment:

jennifer rogers said...

oh i can't wait for ya'll to have a little one to celebrate the holidays with! It's so much better!! I also cannot believe that you only have 9 more weeks! It's just flown by for me :) I can't wait for Anna's boyfriend to get here!