Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Dangers of Walking a 5k

A few hours after walking the Jingle Bell 5k, I had some serious pain in my left foot.  I was hardly able to put my weight on it, which made walking lots of fun.  After putting up with this for several days, I went and saw a podiatrist in Hot Springs.  He took x-rays and couldn't really see anything, but ultimately decided I had either a stress fracture or a sprained ligament.  Either way, the only way for it to heal is to stay off of it (which I've not been good at doing) or wear a boot when I insist on walking.  So blog world, meet my new friend:


Isn't it pretty?  Pretty ugly (haha).  It's heavy and cumbersome, and it's making my calf sore from lugging it around, but my foot is feeling better.  I'm glad to be home so I can really stay off of it tomorrow.  And next time, I won't walk the 5k one week shy of 7 months preggo :)

No comments: