Monday, December 21, 2009

To Wrap or Not to Wrap, That is the Question...

I usually LOVE getting ready for the holidays, but I'm having trouble finding the motivation.  Maybe it's the little ninja I'm carrying in my womb, or the big decisions and work that lie ahead of us in the next month.  Either way, I just need someone to give me a swift kick in the butt and shake some magic Christmas spirit over my head.  Do you think you could handle that?  Thank you.

I have all the Christmas shopping done, it's actually been done for about a month.  The last hold up was finding some gift worthy for my mom, but I finally bugged her enough to tell me what her heart really desires...pinking shears.  How lame is that?  But alas, that's what her heart desires, so that's what her favorite daughter has gotten her.  Can you just imagine the scene as we are all opening presents Christmas morning?

Mom, this gift is for you.
Oh!  What is it?
You're going to have to open it and find out!
Just what I wanted!  Pinking Shears!  Thank you!
*silence* *birds chirping*
Look! Here's a gift for dad!

And I know I should wrap my nephews presents, but I'm tempted to just put them in a decorative box.  And to all my family (all 3 of you that read this), don't be surprised when you're handed a bag instead of a cutely wrapped gift with bows and all that jazz.  It just ain't happenin' this year.  Uh uh.  No way.  So now you've been forewarned, prepare for the awesomeness of the bag (with tissue paper that may or may not match the theme/color of the bag) coming your way Christmas Day.

1 comment:

The Bostians said...

I am so happy to see that someone else has gone with the gift bags this year over wrapping presents. I used to LOVE to wrap and make pretty bows for all of the packages, but not this year! Kenley likes to tear the paper too much and I just don't have the energy to fight her............so our tree is full of gift sacks and tissue too! I think it is pretty though! :)

Hope you guys have a very merry Christmas and your little ninja lets you get some rest! :)