Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Chris and I got up early yesterday morning and drove to my parents' house about 2.5 hours away.  When we got there, dad was blowing the leaves out of the front yard, but the wind was making it pointless because as he would get some leaves cleared from a certain section of the yard, the wind would shift directions and make more leaves cover the same spot he had just cleared.  He was pretty frustrated, but I thought it was funny!  Mom was in the kitchen running around trying to figure out what exactly needed to be done next.  It was a madhouse in there!  But in true Chris style, he jumped right in where he was needed.  He's never afraid to pitch in and help, and that's why my parents adore him.

I set the table and became the telephone answering service.  Every time I set the phone down or walked away from it, someone else was calling wanting to talk to mom.  It felt a little like at&t!  After I set the table, Chris brought in the Christmas ornament box and we decorated my parents Christmas tree.  Dad had set up the tree, it was our job to decorate it before anyone arrived.  Also, my parents hate decorating the tree, and since Chris and I haven't had a place to put our tree up in about 4 years, we don't mind.  

We were supposed to have about 12 people for dinner, but my Peepaw was sick so he and Grandma did not come.  Then my dad's sister, my Aunt Jean and her husband, Uncle Everett, were supposed to come, but Aunt Jean was not feeling so hot so they cancelled.  That brought our party of 12 to a party of 7.  We had so much food for us 7!  We had 3 kinds of turkey (fried, smoked and oven baked), 4 pies, 2 other desserts, lemon cake and jello...in addition to all the other Thanksgiving day fixin's. We were stuffed!  

After dinner we cleaned up and my Aunt Jean called saying she was feeling better so they were on their way.  I hadn't seen Aunt Jean since our wedding in 2004 and hadn't seen Uncle Everett in I don't know how long.  It was really great to see them and be able to catch up.  We had a wonderful time seeing my Aunt Susan and Uncle Robert as well.  We just laughed the entire time!  James was there and I was so happy to see him!  We are supposed to go to Chris' parents tomorrow, and I know we'll have a great time!

What I'm thankful for:  

My awesome hubby!  With the events that have occurred in the past few weeks, he has been so supportive and hasn't freaked out once.  I couldn't ask for a more wonderful husband and best friend.  

Family.  To have such close family means so much to me.  I love knowing that they are there for us no matter what.  They are so supportive and wonderful!  I love them!

Baby Beaty.  It's weird to be thankful for someone we've not met in the flesh, but feeling him move and seeing the changes in my appearance as he grows is awesome.  I just can't wait to hold him in a few months.  I know we will fall in love with him even more when he arrives!

Baxter.  He is such a great dog!  He has become such a little lap dog since we found out we were pregnant.  It's like he knows.  He is so well behaved (most of the time) and I just love that he curls up next to us and gives us his unconditional love.  

Lowe's.  Chris has been with Lowe's since Hurricane Rita hit Beaumont in 2005.  He just reached the 4 year mark!  They have been so good to us!  He's been able to transfer from store to store each time we've moved, and they are going to create a position for him when we move again in the next month or two.  Our insurance is through them and it is wonderful.  I couldn't ask for him to work for a better company.  

Our Heavenly Father.  Without Him, nothing we have done could have been possible.  We are so grateful for His plan for us and can't wait to find out what's next!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: