Friday, December 18, 2009

Letter to the Womb

Dear Baby Squash (aka Luke),

Luke, you are 29 weeks in the womb now, which makes you about the size of a squash.  Kinda neat, huh? But I do have one favor to ask.  Do you think you could keep your little squash feet still for more than an hour at night?  That's mommy's favorite time to sleep, so if you could accommodate me, I'd surely appreciate it!  I'm pretty sure a moving truck has brought in a disco ball and beat box while I wasn't looking, and while I'm glad you are decorating your little space in my body, let's use the daytime to rock out and leave the night to a little rest and relaxation.

I also think I felt you have the hiccups yesterday.  I was talking with a patient and working on their hearing aid when all of a sudden the hiccups started!  It only happened about 4 times, but it sure was cool feeling you jump around!

I love our little talks, and I hope you enjoy them too.  You're still being a stinker whenever someone else (aka daddy) comes over to feel you move around.  I can just imagine you getting a big laugh out of it when you all of a sudden become so still!

But most importantly, son, we love you.  Happy 29 weeks in the womb!
Mom and Dad

No comments: