Sunday, January 17, 2010

Our First Baby Shower!

Yesterday afternoon my sister in law Emily hosted a baby shower for me and Luke (and Chris...although he was bowling with his dad and brother) and I had such a great time!  Luke got some really cute outfits, an awesome handmade quilt, and a Boppy Newborn Lounger...yep!  a lounger!  We were so blessed to have my Mom and Grandma make the trip up from Hot Springs, and even though they came for the shower, they were thrilled to have a new town to shop in before and after the shower :).  Jim and Jerl Dean were so generous, getting Luke some awesome baby gear like his car seat, stroller, and pack and play!  They also found a cute punch recipe complete with rubber duckies!  Jon and Emily went all out with the shower and instead of playing the typical games, the guests painted onesies for Luke and they turned out so stinkin' cute!  What a wonderful day!  Luke is going to have so many people who love him...what a lucky kid!

A cupcake umbrella!  So cute and it tasted so yummy!


One of the onesies...this one by Aunt Emily!


The rubber ducky punch!

I didn't sleep but just a few hours the night before the shower, and dreamt that I slept through the shower.  I was so worried all day that I was going to fall asleep and miss it, I'm so glad that didn't happen!  I would've missed out on all the awesomeness!

1 comment:

jennifer rogers said...

that is the cutest idea with the onesies! Very creative! I'm curious to see this boppy lounger....