Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No Work Today

Work is cancelled today!  Chris, however, is a brave employee and went in.  We didn't get the weather like some other places have seen, but ice is bad news no matter the amount of accumulation. 

I didn't go to work yesterday.  I had a head cold from you know where and sinus pressure that made me want to take Chris' drill and relieve it.  I did have an eye appointment yesterday morning that I had to go to.  I've had a blurry dot in my left eye's field of vision the past several weeks, and yesterday was a follow up appointment where more tests were performed.  I've not seen the blurry dot in about a week, so I thought that was a great sign.  Apparently I was wrong.  I did a test that looks at your peripheral vision.  I did the right eye and the technician said I was within normal limits, did the left eye and she didn't say anything.  I should've known then something wasn't right.  She dilates my eyes and tells me the doctor will be in shortly.  He comes in and checks my eyes, asks if I've seen the dot.  I tell him that, no, I have not.  Woo Hoo for me!  And then he speaks.  

He sees my dot.

And I'm missing the majority of my vision field in the lower left hemisphere of my left eye.  Not good.  That's what that peripheral vision test told him.  In my defense, however, I have this twitch (been there since I was kid) that was super noticeable during the test, so I think it interfered.  

But on the bright side, my optic nerve looks great and my eye looks like it's getting great blood supply.

So now I have to go see a neuro-opthamologist to rule out anything horrible (like cancer, tumor, or MS).  That appointment is scheduled for next week and by the time it gets here, I'll be a nervous wreck.  

So any little prayer you could throw my way would be appreciated.  I'm sure it's nothing, but it has to be checked nonetheless.  

4 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

i was just thinking about your eye yesterday and wondering how all of that went....glad you went in to get it checked out and I will throw you into the prayers tonight! If you are off of work you ought to come up here and get your pampered chef stuff or you can just wait and get it friday night when ya'll come up for dinner....that is if you remembered and still want to come.....

Anonymous said...

clare!!!!
we'll be praying for you.

and in the words of Ahnold..."It's nawt a tuhma!"

Beaty Photography said...

sorry to hear about this! we're praying for you. :)
-em

Anonymous said...

I have seen your twitch. As a matter of fact it has kept me entertained many a boring classes! I am glad you are ok! Love You!