Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Good Thing...

...about having a doctor(s) in the family, is that when he feels someone in the family isn't getting the proper care they need, they have the power to move him.  And that's what happened yesterday.

My Peepaw (my step grandpa, my grandpa past away in 1997) had spent 3 weeks in the hospital.  For what, I'm not exactly sure, but I do know that he had a stint put in and had to have staples in his head because the nurse forgot to put up the bed guards.  He had a nightmare and threw himself out of bed.  The bed guards, had they been up, would have stopped him and kept him in bed, but because they were left down, he got a pretty bad cut on his head that required several staples to close.

He was released from that hospital last week, but has since stopped eating, no appetite.  (Do we see a trend here?  That's exactly what my Grandma did after her double knee replacement two months ago).  He had a doctor's appointment yesterday to follow up, and I don't know what happened there, but I called my  brother (one of the docs in the fam) to ask a favor, only to find out that he moved my Peepaw from his hospital to the one here where my brother works.  He, my Peepaw, my Grandma, and my Mom were all at the ER waiting for him to be admitted.  I don't know what room he's in yet, but I'll be spending some time up there when I find out.

So hopefully he'll get what he needs now that he's at my brother's hospital.  So, if you could, send a little prayer his way.  And my Grandma's way.  

Thanks.

2 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

i'm glad that Jon took charge....hospitals can be so crappy! I can't believe that your Grandpa fell out of the bed! I hope that he is doing better and I will say a little prayer for him!

NWA Beaty's said...

Hope your peepaw and grandma gets much better soon. You have our prayers. Tell them we are thinking of them...