Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Well, Shingles!

That was one of the comments I heard today. I think it would've been 'well, sh#t' if I wouldn't had been in the room. This morning I had some doozies for patients. Asymmetrical hearing losses, falling asleep during testing, yelling because they only had 3 seconds to repeat a word...crazy crap like that. Anyhow, it was a relief when a normal person came in and made my day. He was so kind, and he knew all about the Razorbacks...which always makes me giddy.

Oh! Speaking of the Razorbacks, the other day when Chris and I went to Sam's, we sat down to grab a quick lunch there. As we sit down, we look up and see a woman with a Razorback jacket on, and she and her husband and their children are checking out. I pointed them out to Chris (not b/c we stalk Razorback fans, but b/c it's so rare to see a fan in SET) and then they sit down to eat lunch. I got up to refill our drink, and the husband was filling all of the family's drinks, so I had to ask if he was a Razorback fan. He said 'Yes! Are you?' Of course the answer is obvious, but we continued to chat, and turns out, he used to play football for the UofA. I didn't ask what year or what his name was, but we did chat a brief second about the new coach and what the next season holds. Anyway, it's always great to meet a fellow fan.

No comments: