Sunday, January 20, 2008

A great day with my husband

Chris and I skipped out on church today (I know, we're hethans) and had a great day together.  We slept in this morning, Chris made biscuits and gravy for breakfast.  It was so yummy, especially since it was chilly outside.  We did the laundry, dishes, and got ready for the day.  We had to make a trip to Sam's to pick up some essentials (we enjoy buying in bulk), then we ran over to Target, and then went to go see a movie.  We saw '27 Dresses' and it was great!  Chris and I were the 3rd and 4th people in the theater, and by the time the previews finished rolling, it was packed.  I tried to count how many men came in, and if I counted all of them, there were 6 total...including Chris.  If you haven't seen it yet, do.  I would love to see it again.  

No school tomorrow means Chris and I get another day to spend together.  I think we'll go do some browsing at Ikea.  I'm going to stay in Houston tomorrow night with Celina so I don't have to drive over at the butt crack of dawn on Tuesday.  

We talked about our plans for the move in April/May back home.  If you know me, you know I like to 'make my plan, work my plan' (famous quote by my Grandpa).  Even though we've found a few apartments to live in for the year we're in L.R., we're still keeping our eyes open for a home to rent.  Obviously, we don't want to buy b/c we'll only be in L.R. for the year.  Plus, we have a home in H.S., so we have that to look forward to.  

My white coat ceremony (yes, I get a white coat) is in April.  I'm really looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm nervous that nobody will show.  It's a crazy thought, I'm well aware, but if it were to happen to anyone, it would be me.  I did order my coat, so that's one thing done.  I'm also really looking forward to the family dinner that night at Papadeaux's.  If you are ever near one, eat there (if you like seafood).  Chris and I always share the platter and get a dozen oysters.  They are so delicious!  

Oh!  We drove by the Toyota dealership today, too.  Did you know they brought the Land Cruiser back?  It's $71,000!!!  WTF???  We went to see the new Seqouia (not that we're in the market for a new car, we just enjoy looking), and it's really nice, but I still can't believe the price of that Land Cruiser.  Crazy.

Enjoy your week!



No comments: