Saturday, January 12, 2008

Praxis = Slow Death

This morning was the morning from Haiti.  But let me start from the beginning.  Yesterday, Lindsay (a girl I go to school with) and I left for Houston so we wouldn't have to be up at the butt crack of dawn and drive before our test this morning.  Everything went great.  She picked me up, we typed in our destination on her new GPS and we're off.  We make it to the hotel, check in, leave to go find where we're scheduled to take the test, and then go have dinner.  We come back to the hotel, study and go to bed.  This morning we got up, had breakfast, and got to the test site early.  We are allowed in the test room and the moderator tells us we can break the seal on our test and begin.  I break the seal very carefully, turn to the first question, read it, and realize that I have NO IDEA what the answer is!  My hear stops beating, I begin to sweat, and my stomach drops to the floor.  Not the best way to start off the test, but I dealt with it and reasoned it out, and kept moving.  By the time I'm done with the first six questions, I realize I don't know for sure if ANY of the answers I've put thus far are correct.  So long story short, I'll probably be re-taking that dang test again.  


1 comment:

Gloria Brown said...

Keep the faith! That happened to me on one of my Praxis II tests- I opened the book, had no clue how to answer any of the questions, looked at the clock and realized I had 5 minutes left to answer four essay questions. But, it was also my highest score on my ed tests, so it's possible to pass and not know an answer to a single question!