Wednesday, January 9, 2008

anniversaries and the va

I know, those two things have absolutely NOTHING in common, but they are sharing this blog.  
Monday I started orientation at the VA in Houston.  It didn't start as planned.  I was running late Monday morning and that threw my whole morning out of whack.  I walked Baxter before I left because Chris left a note stating he wasn't a winner (meaning he didn't do his business), so that was left to me because he would be locked up for 5 hours before the next time he could go out.  No luck.  He dragged ass and just wouldn't do anything.  I walked him for 30 minutes, which was definitely not in the plan.  After that, I rushed around trying to pack the truck and get out.  I finally left the apartment and got about 10 miles down the road, looked down, and realized I didn't have my rings or my watch.  I turned around to go get them because I was staying in Houston with a friend.  And 3 days without your wedding rings just feels weird.  I had to be at the VA at 9:45.  I arrived at 9:15.  After driving around for 30 minutes looking for a parking spot (parking is horrendous) I began to have a emotional breakdown.  I called the person I was supposed to meet to inform her that I was there, I was just looking for a spot still.  I called Chris, bawling, and told him that I couldn't find a spot to park and just was unconsolable.  Poor Chris.  I hang up with him and I spot a man walking out of the VA.  I attacked him.  I rolled down my window, and asked him if he was parked nearby.  He pointed towards his truck across the way and I told him I would drive him to it if he would just let me have it.  He didn't let me drive him to his spot, but he did let me have it.  I finally made it up to where I was supposed to be at 10:15.  30 minutes late.  And if you know me, I HATE to be late.  I get so embarrassed and I just think it's unacceptable.  I had to take care of some paperwork and then go to orientation.  Which was a COMPLETE waste of time!  It was all day Monday, Tuesday, and then again today.  I start clinic next Tuesday, and I think I'll really enjoy it.  Thank goodness I don't have orientation again.

Tomorrow is mine and Chris' 4 year wedding anniversary!  I can't believe it.  We've been together for 9 years...which seems like forever when you say it, but when you live it, it just seems like we met yesterday.  Crazy how time flies.  We're going to spend the day together, maybe see a movie, and go eat at Papadeaux's for dinner.  Yummy.  I can't wait to see what this next year holds for us!

1 comment:

Gloria Brown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I can't believe it's been four years since you guys got married. And I totally understand your orientation delima, remember I work for the UA and you know that whole parking debacle (aka Parking and Transit)! Good luck with clinic and good luck in the next year!