Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Letter to Baby

Dear Luke,
You are a whopping 2 months old today!  I can't believe how time flies when you're exhausted :)

At last check, you were 5 pounds 8 ounces and 19 inches long.  I have a sneaking suspicion that you're well at 6 pounds by now...your little belly isn't so little anymore!  You're so alert and soaking in everything around you.  You love to be swaddled and rocked when you're upset.  You're a great eater and have only spit up on us a couple times so far.  You even got mommy's work clothes a couple days ago :)

You go to work with me for now, and even though everyone loves having you there, sometimes it gets a little hectic.  The patients adore you and even more, your Pa adores you.  He takes you from me from the moment we step through the door and feeds you your 9 a.m. bottle while I see patients.  You did spit up all over Peggy the other day so we arm ourselves with burp cloths now!

M was on Spring Break last week and came to keep you at the office while Pa was at Dr. Vallery's working and I was seeing patients.  She loved holding you and feeding you and barely let me have you back at the end of the day.  Even though she and Pa would love to have you spend the night, your mom and dad can't bear the thought of being without you for a whole night in a whole other city.  There's plenty of time for that when you're older :)

You smiled a real smile (not a gas smile) at me a couple days ago.  It melted my heart and made me cry a little.  I know, go ahead and roll your eyes, your mom is a dork.  I can't believe that you've reached that milestone, but you have the most adorably beautiful smile and I love it.

Everyone says you know me (mommy) and when I talk, you look around to find me.  You calm down when I hold you.  You and I have that special bond that only a mother and child can have.  I love you.

We love you.
Mom and Dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love your letters... too sweet.