Monday, March 23, 2009

Kids say the darndest things

A couple weeks ago, I got to help keep my nephews while my older brother and SIL were out of town, attending a conference.  And because they are the cutest little boys you will ever lay your eyes on, I had to share.  

Grant will be 4 soon and it seems like he learns something new every day.  His speech is really coming along and he is getting to be the little social butterfly we always knew he could be.  When he was smaller, he would glare at you, warning you that he could burst into full blown tantrum at any time if you dared touch him.  Now, he runs down the hall, looks over the banister and yells 'YES!  Aunt Clare (or M, or Paw, or Uncle Chris) is here!'  It melts my heart.  Grant loves plays, musicals, Brian Kinder and big shows at the Children's Theatre.  When I asked him who he goes to the big shows with, he told me 'Big, Big, Big, BIIIIIIGGGG Uncle Chris'  (all the while stretching his arms out further and further).  It made Chris feel great about himself :)  Grant also holds up a finger and says before going inside 'Nobody come with me, I'll be right back'  and gosh darnit, you better listen!  Also, he's got his Uncle James' music abilities, and he loves to play his guitar and dance around the room.  I just adore this kid.

Jude is 18 months old, but he doesn't believe it.  He thinks he's 2 going on 12.  He is the daredevil of the two, and he doesn't like it when you help him (even though he needs it).  He will pick up a ball, throw it at you, and then look at you with the most beautiful brown eyes and say 'Catch'.  He loves to be outdoors and it hurts his feelings when it's time to come inside.  He doesn't like to sit in his baby swing, but would rather take the risk of sitting on the big boy swing.  Oh, he'll swing in his baby swing, but only to appease you, and then after he feels like you're satisfied, he'll point and 'talk' you into pushing him on the big boy swing.  He walks around the yard and says 'tree' while touching each one.  Jude is a mover, never satisfied to sit still for too long, hence the blurry picture.  I just can't get enough of him.  



1 comment:

jennifer rogers said...

they are too cute and there is no denying that they are palmers! I can't wait to see what you and Chris' kids look like so HURRY up!