Monday, October 20, 2008

Dell or Dale?

Do you say Dell and Dale differently?  I know I have a southern accent, but when I say these, it sounds exactly the same.  And today, I had a lesson on the difference.  Not that it stuck, but still.

Today has been crazy at work.  I guess it's spilled over from last week.  You think it might be from a full moon, but the moon phase says it's only a half moon.  If that's the case, I'm dreading what might happen when the full moon arrives.  Last week, we had a sweet patient come in to be fit with a hearing aid.  She walks to the counter to check in, and when that's done, she casually says "Also, I think I'm having a stroke."  A STROKE!  and she said it so calmly!  We, of course, continued to freak out, hunting down a nurse and keeping her talking until we could find someone.  

Today, morning clinic had to be cancelled for a doctor because he was called in for emergency surgery.  Then after lunch, another doctor had to cancel afternoon clinic for emergency surgery.  And we had a hearing aid patient come in to have his tubes on his aids changed, and said, "I think I'm having a heart attack."  A HEART ATTACK!!  and he said it so calmly!!  We, of course, continued to freak out, hunting down a nurse AND a doctor to help.  Luckily, another one of our patients was sitting next to him and happens to be a doc himself, so that was helpful.  

It's only Monday, and I'm scared to go back to work tomorrow.  Pray for NO moon :)

Also, if it's not to much to ask, please keep my Grandma in your prayers.  She had a double knee replacement a few weeks ago, but now she's not eating and is real week.  She's been admitted to the hospital and so we'll see what happens, but in the meantime, the prayers would be greatly appreciated.  

Hope you had a better day than me!

2 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

oh that's too bad about your grandma she is too sweet! I will definitely say a special prayer for her tonight...

NWA Beaty's said...

Hope Grandma is better today. We put her in our prayers last night, and we will keep on praying for her. Your family is in our prayers every night anyway. Hope she gets better today and each day from now on. Love you