Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just another blog

Yesterday was the worst day ever.  EVER.  

Ok, so that may be a little exaggerated, but I still had a pretty awful afternoon.  I was in the swing of things, testing hearing left and right, and then HE walked in.  Male.  Chauvinist. Pig.  And he made me cry.  Jerk.  He wouldn't let me finish a sentence, and the last thing he said to me was "Don't you people know anything?".  So I threw a brochure at him and walked out.  Before I started to cry in front of him.  I didn't want him to know that he got to me.  This guy thought he was entitled to it all, and didn't believe that a woman, no matter how educated she may be, could ever know how to help.  So after that, I just kept replaying it in my mind, and kept asking myself why I didn't kick him in the knee.  But then I remembered the answer: Because I like my job and want to graduate.  Details.

Also, yesterday was my bro's birthday.  I called to wish him a happy day, and he invited Chris and me for dinner.  Dinner and I got to see my nephews!  That was the perfect solution to my crappy afternoon.  Grant was precious.  He told me he had a boo-boo on his hand, and asked me to kiss it, so I obliged.  And once he figured out that he could point to something and deem it a boo-boo, then he would get kisses all over.  Too smart, that kid.  Too smart.  He and Chris jumped on the trampoline and it wore Chris out!  We had a few drinks and a great time, and apparently I'm taking care of Grant and Jude this weekend!  Should be interesting :)

Happy Wednesday!


1 comment:

ek said...

sorry you had a bad day! some people are definitely not worth crying over!