Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our 4th of July fun!


Chris and I had date night last night, and what better night this month to have date night than the 4th!  When Chris got home from work, it was raining, but we got our lawn chairs and packed our rain coats and headed downtown.  We were both starving, so we had dinner first at Flying Fish.  We both had the catfish (it's so yummy) and when we were done, we decided that we would walk to the Clinton Library.  Admission was free and they were having a bunch of activities outside.  We just didn't plan on them being closed by the time we got there.  It closed at it's usual time (5 pm) and we got there about 5:10.  So we didn't get to go inside, but we walked around it and watched all these little kids dancing, it was so cute.  We walked back towards the car to pick up the chairs, and headed to the amphitheater to claim our spot.  

If you've never been to L.R. for the 4th and you live or are visiting during that time, you should definitely go to Pops on the River.  My parents took us as kids, and it's one of my favorite childhood memories.  The symphony plays, the fireworks are shot off from the river, and it's just a lot of fun.  There was this one guy, though, who was capital D drunk.  He was kinda fun to watch.  

So I took a few pics with my phone because we forgot the camera at the house.  I hope everyone had a great 4th!

Chris and I waiting for all the festivities to begin.

Dessert :)  

Chris was excited that the symphony was playing and the fireworks were starting soon!

My good friend, Joni Bologna, just recently moved to D.C., and sent a little clip of the fireworks to me.  I was so jealous!  And then Chris proceeded to tell me that when he was in high school band, he got to play there on the 4th on the lawn of the capital.  Punk.

  

No comments: