Monday, May 19, 2008

The joys of being back in Arkansas

Yesterday, Chris and I were lazing on the couch when our phone rings.  It's my parents.  Church was over, they had gone to visit a member in the hospital, and were wondering what to have for lunch.  They decided to call us.  I owed my mother a Mother's Day dinner because I was sick Mother's Day.  And they decided it was time to cash in.  It's not like Mother's Day was 6 months prior, just a week or two...but whatever.  

Chris and I scrambled to figure out what we were going to feed them, and finally decided on taco salad.  I started cutting the Velveeta to make cheese dip, and sliced my finger open.  I finally got it to stop bleeding, and Chris pulled out a band-aid for me, and I continued on.  Chris made molten lava chocolate cakes for dessert.  It was delicious!


I'm so thankful to finally be back in AR.  I love that my family, or Chris's, can call and just come over.  I've really missed out being in TX.

My mom and me in Frankfurt, Germany.  We were there for an international audiology conference.  Mom was probably trying to direct dad on how to take the picture, and I'm sporting an awesome bow.  I was 8.

My parents and me, probably before a RMB band spectacular...or something totally cool like that

Mom and me in Mexico

2 comments:

Matt & Ali said...

Hello! Love your pictures especially your germany one! I remember wearing some bows that were like half the size of my head. Our wedding date is July 16th. And we will for sure send you an announcement if you send us your address! We had our engagment pics taken today. It was fun and Matt said it was funner than he thought it would be! But its fun to start planning it all now that we have a date! Congrats on your white coat.. That comparable to a medical dr. coat right? My bro is in his med. residency. Anyway... its funny how i can just right to you and feel as if i know you when i only know you from Matt and reading your blog!

Jennifer said...

You're right, that is an awesome bow! How are your parents? I always really liked them :)