Thursday, May 15, 2008

Have I mentioned?

I'm done with my research! WOO HOO!!! I made an A, too, just in case you were wondering :) I did my statistics (4 times, because the computer I was using kept crashing...and I did save it, but once it crashed, it was gone), typed up my results and discussion, and presented! It's such a weight off of my shoulders. Now on to more important things, like my 4th (and final) year!!

I start my job on the 2nd. I'm really excited to finally have an income, and to be in the real working world again. In the meantime, I'm 'working' at the office my dad owns. It's been pretty busy, so I'm helping out. And because someday all take over all of this glory, I'm working on the organization and prettiness of it all. The office hasn't had a makeover in almost 15 years, and it's due for a serious upgrade. For instance, the counters and floor are mauve. Yes, I said it...mauve. And the trim and cabinets are gray. The filing cabinets are overflowing. The walls in the back are yellow from nicotine (my dad has stopped smoking recently, he hasn't had a cigarette in a little over 9 months, he's smoked since he was 13). I'm also wanting to put files and appointments on the computer. So if anyone knows a good scheduling office program, let me know. As a matter of fact, we need a new computer for the front desk. The one I'm using to write this blog is about 8 years old. It's a beast.

Chris and I got to see a friend Tuesday night. Daniel stayed the night with us, while in town fulfilling his Nat'l Guard duties. He and his wife, Heidi, had a little boy, Jaxon, a few months ago, so we got to see new pictures of him. We had a great time with him, it was nice to catch up! This weekend another couple of friends are going to be in town. They recently eloped in Las Vegas, so we're excited to see them! And then the next weekend, Jon and Emily are supposedly coming into town to shoot a wedding (photography shoot, not gun shoot). I haven't seen them in a month or two, and last time was in a hospital...so it'll be nice outside of that setting.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! And doesn't get too wet!

No comments: