Monday, August 2, 2010

thirty something...

let's not say it out loud, but today i'm thirty.  that's right.  re-read it if you must, but i'm refusing to write it out again.  i don't even want to say it.  i'm having a hard time with it, and so if you must make over the hill jokes, please do so behind my back.  thankyouverymuch.

some people have lists, you know '25+5 things to accomplish before i'm 25+5'.  me, not so much.  i had good intentions, but somehow, it just never got done.  and i'm okay with that and so should you.  i have accomplished lots of things though.  i think.  i can't be too sure since having a baby wiped my memory.

and now we shall take a trip down memory lane.  enjoy :)

not sure how old i am here, but i am pretty darn cute.
on a side note, this silky outfit was on my favorite doll, until my parents dog, jack, tore her, and the outfit to shreds.

thumb sucker.  luke is a thumb sucker, too.
he comes by it honestly.

posing for the camera.
i think my aunt susan took this picture.  she had it blown up, but it never got framed.
i think it's in the garage.

i loved this motorcycle.  james had a electric 4wheeler and we would race.
jon was too cool to play with us.

i played softball until my senior year.  
i loved it.  
notice the perm i'm rocking?  don't be jealous.  
not everyone can look that awkward holding a bat and posing for a camera.

waiting on james to be done with his piano lessons.
i was his chauffeur.


on top of the eiffel tower.  
that's paris behind me people.  paris.  
incidentally, my camera broke right after this picture was taken.

my first cruise, courtesy of my mom and dad.
safety first!

i got married to my best friend.
he completes me. hehe :)

i finally finished school.  finally.

soaking up the sun.  after going to school that long, it was well deserved.

i got pregnant

i had a baby.  actually, i never went thru the 'birthing' process.
they came in and said, 'you're going to have a c-section.'
they wheeled me in a room and surgically removed him.
never even felt a contraction.  never.
from what i hear, that's the way to go :)

and there you go, the past 25+5 years wrapped up in pictures.  now i'm going to go crawl under a rock and hide for a while.  i'll let you know when i come out...

2 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

Happy Birthday Missy! I hope you have a wonderful THIRTIETH birthday! We love love love you!!!! Now lets PARTY!!!!

Anonymous said...

('blogger' is finally letting me comment!)

happy (slightly late due to an inability to post) thirty-somethin' birthday! love your storybook pictures :)