Sunday, August 8, 2010

Home

Being back in the rock city has its' advantages.  Like having the most awesome nephews living just a few miles across town.  And they just happen to live with my amazing older brother and his awesomely talented wife.  Case in point:  Monday, when I came home on my birthday to a broken air conditioner and the temp in the house was creeping up in the 80's, they came to the rescue.  They let us crash in their guest bedroom where it was nice and cool downstairs while their own AC was on the fritz upstairs.  Kricia, my SIL, is even making me some awesome chairs.  Have I shown them to you yet?  Maybe not, shame on me. Well here it is.

Amazing, right?

And on top of having family here, we can't beat that our wonderful friends live just up the highway, and that we have more friends moving back from Utah.  Last night we went up to Conway to have dinner and games with Jennifer and Joe, and we always have a wonderful time.   Jennifer cooked up a delicious meal, we played a game of Yahtzee (Joe lost!), and they let me put Luke down in Anna's (Jennifer and Joe's daughter) crib.  I can't wait for our next get together!  We always have so much fun!

The rock city also has tons of fun things to do, and I can't wait to do it all as Luke gets bigger!  The zoo, Museum of Discovery, Jump Zone, Children's Theatre, the River Market, and the list just keeps going!  

This is home.  We didn't grow up here, but we love it here.  Home is where the heart is, and our heart belongs here.  

4 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

i LOVE those chairs! We had fun last night too and I am so glad to have my two bestest friends back in one central location!

Kricia Palmer said...

We are just as blessed to have you guys back here in Little Rock!

The Museum of Discovery said...

We're so glad you love the Museum of Discovery! We think it's a special place. :-) see you soon!

Anonymous said...

so happy for you guys :)