Monday, May 10, 2010

My FIRST Mother's Day

I just experienced my very first Mother's Day as a mother to a human :).  Sometimes I would celebrate as a mother to the dog, but somehow I think it was lost in translation.

We woke up to Luke's cries and stumbled out of bed to feed him and change him.  The night before we babysat Grant and Jude and didn't get home until around midnight and so we were completely exhausted, but alas, Luke was hungry and he must be fed.  Sleep is overrated anyhow :)  After taking care of Luke's needs, Chris made me a mother's day breakfast.  Waffles and fried eggs.  I had requested bacon a few days before, but we forgot to buy some.  It was so yummy!

We got around for the day and Jon and Emily stopped by, as did Kricia with the boys, and we took some quick pictures of the 3 grandsons together and then some 3 month pictures of Luke.  And he was not happy.  He was ready for a nap and we kept shoving a camera in his face.  Once that was complete, Jon and Emily went with us to ZaZa's pizza for lunch.  We had never been and it was really good!  Chris and I will definitely be going back!

Chris made me spaghetti for dinner...and then it took about an hour to sit down and eat.  For Luke being so exhausted earlier in the day and not wanting to nap, he was wide awake come bedtime.  Dinner sat on the stove for at least an hour.  Part of being a parent, I suppose :)  After we ate we crawled into bed (830 pm) and I checked my phone.  I had a text message from a friend, so Chris crawled out of bed to go help (he was glad to do it) and we went back to bed around 9...or at least I did.

Chris got me a pair of flip flops and a ring, but I exchanged it for a necklace with Luke's birthstone from Pandora.  He says he got me a card, but he couldn't find it.  He offered to go pick one up at the store, but somehow it just didn't seem worth it :)

I am so glad to be Luke's mom, he's such a great little man and I can't wait to watch him grow!  I'm also super thankful to my mom for putting up with me growing up and not abandoning us in a wooded area like she threatened to so many times (haha, just kidding!).  

No comments: