Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Letter to Baby

Dear Luke,

You are FOUR months old today!  A whopping sixteen weeks, or rather, 112 days, 2688 hours, 161,280 minutes or 9,676,800 seconds old.  Today.  At 9 p.m.  Did I mention you are 4 months old today?  Of course I did...because it's today!!

You continue to grow like a weed and you have changed so much!  You're getting so big now!  At last weigh in you were 10 pounds 11 ounces, but when we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa, Grandpa weighed himself and then Grandma passed you to Grandpa.  When Grandpa got to hold you, he gained 13 pounds!  Surely you're not that big quite yet (but it is very possible), but we'll have the official weigh in at your next pediatrician appointment on the 10th.

Since last month, you have started grasping your penguin toy that dangles from your play mat with both hands!  You used to just bat at it with your left hand, and then you started grabbing it with your left hand, and now you are using both hands to grab and bat at it.

Also, you are moving from side to side and I just know you're going to roll yourself over at any time.  That kinda scares me because I know you'll be one step closer to crawling and then what?  Prom?  Car?  I can't think about it...it's too much!

You talk so much!  And you still love to chat during diaper changing time.  You just grin and coo and have a grand old time.  It's super sweet and I love our little chats!  I tried video taping our morning chat, but the minute I busted out the camera to record, you became very quiet and still.  And as soon as I put the camera down and stopped recording, you started talking again.  Yep, you're kinda snotty that way :)

Dad says you discovered your feet today, but I'm not so sure because I haven't seen it with my own eyes.  But I guess I can believe your daddy...he's pretty truthful and wouldn't share things unless they were true :)  And since you've found you're feet, it's only right that we talk about how much you love to suck on your hands!  You constantly have a hand in your mouth sucking away.  It's super cute and I love to hear your lips smack against your fist.

Well, baby Luke, happy 4 months old.  You sure are our special little boy and we love you like you can't even imagine.

Love,
Mom and Dad

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love. love. love it!

too sweet :)

and he is just adorable!!