Monday, October 19, 2009

Halloween Prep and Big News!

I love fall, and I love Halloween...especially decorating pumpkins and the candy given freely by all the generous people with their porch lights on! This year I wanted to do something different for decorating, and I ran across a craft blog (I don't even remember which one) and got this great idea! Well, at least I think it's a great idea! :)

Chris bought us a couple pumpkins and the supplies and we got to work! We had to let our pumpkins warm up inside for a few hours and clean them off pretty good, but then we went outside to the garage to prep. We painted our pumpkins with Chalkboard paint and I think they turned out so cute!

Our pumpkins with our Chalkboard paint ready to go!

One pumpkin down...one to go!

Outside to dry

That's right, folks! We're having a BOY!

It's really no surprise our little Gummy is a boy. There hasn't been a girl in 5 generations on the Beaty side. I guess all the boy genes are just stronger swimmers :). We are so thrilled!

Everything looked perfect today on the ultrasound and our little boy is pretty modest...it took a lot of work for him to show us his anatomy. My mother and grandmother were able to come up from Hot Springs for the ultrasound and I was thrilled they were able to share this with us. After the ultrasound, they left and went straight to JCPenney...needless to say we have some little boy clothes now!

Stats:
I've gained 2 pounds this pregnancy
Little Boy is 13 ounces
Chris is already feeling the sleep deprivation
Baxter still has no idea he's a big brother and the tormenting will start very soon :)

4 comments:

jennifer rogers said...

i'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet little Luke! I'm glad everything went well and that everyone is healthy and happy! I can't wait!!!

Clare said...

Same goes for little Anna!

Emily said...

Your pumpkins are cute! Jon and I are very excited about our nephew!!! :)

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Pumpkins are so cute! We sure are excited about having a grandson.