Saturday, February 21, 2009

Random Thoughts

I wish I were creative.   I wish I could sew, quilt, paint, etc.  I just haven't tapped into that part of my brain yet.  And I want to!  But where to start?  I mean, do I just go out and buy a sewing machine and then sit and stare at it?  Baby steps, classes, a mentor/teacher...these are things I need.

I wish I could play the violin.  Someday, I will learn.  And then I'll buy the most awesomest violin ever!  Ok, probably not, but one can dream...can't they?

I wish the dillholes in our apartment complex were normal and worked during the day so they would stop calling management and corporate because our dog is a bit of a barker.  (Is that a run on sentence?)  We did buy a bark collar (it doesn't shock), and hopefully it will work out.

I wish the jeans I bought from Nordstroms fit right so I wouldn't have to get them altered!  But just because they are about 5" too long does NOT mean they are going back.  They will be cut and altered to my perfect specifications :)  And I wish the top I bought was actually grey, and not disco silver.  That top WILL be going back.

I wish that staying in Little Rock permanently were an option right now.  I've re-connected with two of my best friends growing up and their husbands.  They are so fun and we always have a great time!  As a matter of fact, we're all getting together tonight for yummy Chinese food!

I also wish I could say what I think.  A select few get to hear everything I think, but most people don't.  There's probably a good reason for that, but I'm not sure what it is quite yet.  It's probably a good thing my parents installed a filter between my brain and mouth :)

4 comments:

Beaty Photography said...

i wish i could sew, too! wanna learn how to knit when you come up in march? i know the very basics, and i'm still working on my first scarf. :)
-em

jennifer rogers said...

i love those random thoughts! Filter??? No one should have a filter....just think about me I have no filter and I get along just fine in this world! I mean sure I don't have a lot of fans but hey I sure do like myself!! :) I don't want ya'll to move either....I'm dreading the day when we have to say goodbye! But this time we WILL stay in touch!

Bailey said...

We don't want y'all to move either!! It's been great having y'all here!! We love Baxter and he can come over whenever. When he left yesterday, Winston was outside and when he came in he went looking for him in all the rooms. It was pretty cute!!!

NWA Beaty's said...

Hey, Clare and Emily, I can sew. I can teach you both, if you would like...It is not hard. I have been sewing way back when I was 10 years old. I do get a little eager to finish something, because I don't like to stop and then come back when I am working on anything. Let me know, I will help you...Love you both