Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Letter

Dear Creepy Guy,

Yes, you really were creepy.  So creepy, in fact, I tried to get out of testing you.  I tried to find a male audiologist to test your creepy hearing so that I wouldn't have to.  But, guess what?  They were busy.  So I sucked it up, gathered my nerves, and dove in.  And I accomplished what I set out to do!  I conquered your creepy self with your creepy hearing, and I'm better off for doing it.

I don't know where you learned it was OK for being creepy, but whomever taught you, they were wrong.  Real wrong.  It's not OK to be creepy to other people you have never met, let alone a woman you have never met.  It may work in the bar, but not in the Audiology world.  

When you propped your leg up so I couldn't move, I thought "This guy is STRANGE". 

And when I glanced at you, you put your leg down and told me I needed to get you something to prop your leg on.  And again I thought "This guy is STRANGE, and WIERD".  

Then I proceeded to tell you that I was going to give you some words to say, and you said "Just as long as you don't talk dirty to me" And I thought, "This guy is STRANGE, WEIRD, and on the verge of CREEPY".  

But then, you looked right in my eyes and said "Well, maybe you could talk dirty to me a little bit."  And I thought, "This guy is STRANGE, WEIRD, and CREEPY".  No doubt about it.

So that's when I left the room for a good 10 minutes.  To hunt down another audiologist to take you off my hands.  But then I learned that I was going to have to learn to deal with your kind, so, like I said before, I gathered all my strength and walked back in.  

And do you remember what I saw when I walked back in?  You were spread eagle in the chair, leaning back as far as you could to spread your legs as far as you could in your semi-acid wash denim jeans.  But I tapped on the window to wake your CREEPY butt up, and I tested your hearing.  

So, dear creepy guy, please don't come back to see us.  I can't handle anymore of your CREEPINESS.  

Thank you,
The Creeped Out Audiologist

6 comments:

Melissa said...

That is freaky. I mean creepy!

jennifer rogers said...

okay that guy needs to get some...and not from the married audiologist!!!!

the Pulleys said...

That was hilarious to read, but obv. not hilarious to experience! Sorry for the creepiness! : )

Jennifer said...

Good letter...CREEPY guy.

Starting Over said...

I love the acid washed jeans part...

Anonymous said...

i COMPLETELY forgot that today was my dad's appointment!!! i'm sorry!!!!