Saturday, December 6, 2008

Jingle Bell Run/Walk

Today, I got up and did the Jingle Bell Run/Walk with my mom and some teachers from her school.  Our team name was the "St. Nick's Chicks".  Cute, huh?  My mom walked it last year, and I was in Texas so I couldn't, but I joined in this year and it was so fun!  The Jingle Bell Run/Walk benefits the Arthritis Foundation, and I think I may have stiff joints when I wake up in the morning!

The Run/Walk is 3 miles long from the River Market to the Capital, and back.  My mom is a speed walker, so it took me a little bit to catch up to her pace, but I did it!  Our final time was 51:38!  Ok, that may seem like forever to some of you in shape people, but for me, it was a miracle to come in under an hour! :)

My number

Mom and I before  the walk with our antlers on.

The 'St. Nick's Chicks', plus Craig O'Neal

After the race...exhausted!!

After the race, we all went for a yummy meal at Macaroni Grill.  Then mom and I bolted and went to Target and then to Kohl's.  I came back home, because now I have some serious pain in my right foot.  But that's okay, better to be waited on :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im proud of you.

Love, the Hubby

Unknown said...

Way to go!!! I recently started a three-mile routine and it's a great distance to go. It just enough to make you feel like you really did something!

Matt & Ali said...

Hey we need your address! We are sending Christmas cards. You can email me if you want. alihoward08@hotmail.com