Monday, April 28, 2008

Nervous Breakdowns

If I had time for a nervous breakdown, I do believe I'd have one.  I know I've griped about school before and my research, but it's about to make me insane.  I entered all my data this morning into SPSS (the statistical program), and then the computer crashed.  This is why my hatred for PCs runs so deep.  Every time something important is entered, it's immediately lost.  So after taking the computer to the library tech guys to have it fixed, I've re-entered my data, run the statistics, and have no earthly idea what it means.  I did take a statistics course about 3 semesters ago, but I honestly can't remember anything about it.  Guess I'll stalk my statistics professor again in the morning.

I have class all day tomorrow.  Tomorrow starts the May Mini session and my class is vestibular rehab.  Class is scheduled all day, 9 - 5.  I have about a zillion things I need to do instead.  Like my research.  I don't know how long I'll last before I check out.  

Chris is back in Arkansas.  I had my white coat ceremony over the weekend and it was great.  My family came to support me, the only one missing was James, my little brother.  Speaking of James, I haven't seen him in forever, and am really missing him lately.  He was always my responsibility and my best friend, and it's hard when he's 2000 miles away.  Anyway, Chris is in AR, like I said, and I'm in TX finishing school.  It's been rough the past month not really being around each other often.  Chris was in another world (as he should have been) when Jim was in the hospital, and then I left, and we've only really been around each other by ourselves for about a total of 7 days in the past month.  After a period of time, we have a re-adjustment period.  It's sad, really.

Enough whining.   Peace out. 

4 comments:

ek said...

you can do it!! it's almost over!

Melissa said...

I hate SPSS! I had to take a statistics course in grad school. Luckily my instructor had his specialty in Special Education...I sure needed his gentle patience!
I couldn't never figure out how to read results though!

Jimmy, Julie, and Gracie said...

Hang in there Clare! At least you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Thanks for the comment! Gracie is a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Clare.

Just remember:

In the infamous words of Rob Schneider in The Waterboy: "You can dew it!!"

And in the infamous words of Kate: "Statistics are bad, mmmmkay?"

I'm not sure I'm helping here...but I'm trying. =)

You'll be back here in the "regularness" of Arkansas before you know it. It's already May!!! Well, it will be in 2 hours. =)

Ok, I'll stop rambling.
It'll be...All Better!