Sunday, July 29, 2012

The things you say

I realized I hadn't documented some of the funny things Luke says lately, so humor me, ok?  OK.

We cannot mention going swimming or going to the pool without you yelling 'POOOOOL' and directing us to immediately getting your swim clothes on.

Whenever we try to put your sunscreen/lotion on, or attempt to brush your teeth/hair or do anything for that matter, you always say 'I try, I try!'  You are becoming quite independent.

While at the pool yesterday, your daddy and I were tossing you back and forth saying 'My Luke!'.  After a few times of that you said 'No!  My Yuke!'  We both cracked up :)

You love going down the slide and as soon as you hit the water you immediately say 'Again, Again!'  You have energy flowing out your ears.

You've been saying things that we say lately, so we're being really careful and choosing our words wisely.  One day you asked for a treat and I said 'hmmm...let's see'.  You have repeated that over and over.  When we ask you to clean up, you say 'hmmm...let's see'.  Or if we ask if you want to watch Cars or Cars 2, you say 'hmmm...let's see'.  Too funny :)

You love to say 'Jude did it!' 'Grant did it!' 'Daddy did it!' 'Mama did it!' and now you've started blaming your toys 'hewicopper did it!' 'monkey did it!' etc, etc. 

One day your daddy came home from work and it had been especially hot and humid that day.  He came in, put Baxter on the leash and took him for a walk.  After he left, you looked at me and said 'Daddy need bath'.  I laughed so hard!  You are so observant :)

You are learning the art of 'mine' and constantly declare the iPad or phone or one of your baby brother's toys 'my iPad' 'my phone' 'my new book'.  And even though it's quite cute, I still remind you that, no, that's mommy's iPad.  Or no, that's baby's book.  And typically you're fine with that.  We'll see what happens when you actually have to start sharing.  :)

And at night, when I'm putting you to bed, after stalling getting into bed as long as you can, you climb in, pull up your shirt and pat your belly.  This means you want your belly rubbed before going to bed.  You don't have to say a word, that gesture speaks for itself.  And as you're drifting off, I kiss your foreheas and tell you I love you and sweet dreams.  You always reply, 'seet deams'. 

I love the things you say.

1 comment:

Bailey said...

I love all those! He is too cute! My fave is he likes you to rub his belly:) He will be a great big brother!