Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pedicures at Home Depot?

I'm in desperate need of some nice alone quiet time.  I just want to cuddle on the couch with a good book and let the story take me to far away places, and then I'll take a bath and let Calgon do its' thing.  At least that's my dream.

Monday I stayed at home with Luke and he's fairly congested with a head cold, I think.  Maybe it's teething.  Either way, he was not having a good day, so when Chris called me to tell me he was coming home from work and I could go get a pedicure, I was elated.  When he got home I was in the middle of wrapping Christmas gifts and Luke was asleep, so he took Baxter for a walk.  Then Luke woke up.  And Chris got back from walking Baxter only to go in the garage to hang his new ladder and find out he didn't have the right hooks.  So he looks at me and says 'I've got to get some new hooks to hang the ladder, but I don't want to go because you'll be here alone with Luke and Baxter.'

This is where my face got very red.  And I might've had steam bellowing from my ears.

But I replied 'If you're going, we are ALL going.'

And that's how my pedicure turned into a trip to Home Depot.  With the whole family.  Still waiting on that quiet time.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you get your pedicure soon...

Clare said...

thanks, lindsay!