Monday, November 1, 2010

competition

Sometimes on Sunday, Chris and I babysit our 3 year old nephew Jude while my SIL and 5 yo nephew Grant go to violin lessons.  (Side note: Jude calls his brother 'my Grant'.  too cute!!)

Yesterday was one of those Sundays.  We have a little tricycle that was given to us and Jude loves to ride it.  He also prefers to wear Chris' big helmet, leaving Chris with my little helmet...with 'Princess Clare' written across the front :)  While they were riding, Jude started talking about 'my Grant plays the violin, I want a trumpet'.  I asked him what he wanted to ask Santa for Christmas, and of course, he said a trumpet.  Now, I play the saxophone, as well as Chris, so I thought I'd show him ours before he completely made up his mind.  You know, some healthy competition between the woodwind and brass families.

I mean, trumpets are nice and all, but saxophones are cool, too!

So I dug out my alto saxophone, Jude sat down next to me in the garage, watched me pull it out and piece it all together.  When it was all set up he looked at me with those deep brown eyes and super long eyelashes and said 'that's not a trumpet!'.

He was not impressed and made it very clear he wanted a trumpet.  What's a saxophone girl to do?  Admit defeat, that's what!

Brass: 1  Woodwind: 0

Maybe I can talk Luke into playing the sax...

No comments: