Monday, October 4, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

We had a terrific weekend that started out with a date night on Friday!  My Aunt Susan and her husband, Robert, came and took care of Luke while Chris and I went to dinner.  My goal was to have Luke down at his normal time (6:30 p.m.) so they wouldn't have to do much, but by the time they got to our house around 7, Luke was still wide awake.  They said he was terrific and he was still somewhat awake when we got home about 830.  But the minute he heard my voice, he was out.  Aunt Susan laid him down in his crib and he slept all night.

Saturday we visited a few garage sales and got Luke a couple toys and 2 sleeper outfits.  He was so well behaved and slept in between house to house.  We got home just in time for him to have a nap and when he woke up, we got ready to go to Brock's 3rd birthday.  Earlier that day, my SIL called and asked if we could keep our nephews while she finished up staining the concrete on their back porch, so of course we said yes.  We picked up Grant and Jude and headed to Conway with Luke for the birthday party.  Brock had a huge bounce house and the minute we stepped out of the car, Grant and Jude were ready to test it out!  I told Jude (he's potty training) he had to go potty before he could go play and he agreed, so I got Luke out of the car, turned around, and Jude was going potty in the front yard :)  No time like the present, I suppose!  The boys had a great time and Grant said as we were leaving 'I had so much fun!'  Chris and Luke got in the bounce house for a little bit and I think Luke enjoyed it!


Sunday, Chris and I took Luke to Bo Brook Farms to pick some pumpkins and go on a hay ride.  Luke wasn't sure what to think, but as always, he just went along for the ride.



Hay Ride!!



Our little family!

We really enjoyed our weekend and were a little sad to see it end!  Friday can't get here soon enough!

1 comment:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Love the fun you are having with Luke... Pictures are great! He is sooooo cute!