Friday, September 11, 2009

Some insights into pregnancy nobody ever told me...

Eat what sounds good when it sounds good. Tomorrow it's going to make you want to throw up.

It's okay if you lose weight. Apparently you'll gain it all after you give birth anyways.

When you find out you're pregnant, so do 72 of your closest friends. This is great because they are the only ones who know what it feels like when you become a strict vegetarian during pregnancy when you were strictly carnivorous pre pregnancy.

It's easier to train the dog during pregnancy. It's like he knows.

You may not have to make a single trip to the bathroom all day, but at night, the baby decides to treat your bladder like a trampoline. You might as well make yourself a cot in the bathroom.

Your husband thought PMS was bad...mood swings during those first few months of pregnancy can be much worse.

New research says pregnancy has no effect on your memory. That's crap.

That's all I have for now...more to come later :)

4 comments:

The Lady of the House said...

These are awesome and completely true!
Here's another one:
The dogs that use to avoid you completely all of the sudden love to sit in your lap, all the time.

We have some friends with a male dog that hates women. He avoids them like the plague. Unless their pregnant. Then he's their personal lap heater/hand cleaner/arm rest.

Melissa said...

I've pondered the bathroom truth myself. I just don't get it.

Another truth. It will get so much worse--then it gets better in an instant and makes the last nine months seem completely worth it.

jennifer rogers said...

yeah that "research" is complete crap! I'm a firm believer in the thought that pregnancy fries your brain cells!!!!

Unknown said...

My favorite is the memory comment. I agree! Also, I remember the night before I went into labor, I had to pee every 15-20 min. So annoying!