Saturday, August 22, 2009

3 month appointment

We had our 3 month appointment on Wednesday and everything went great! We got to listen to Gummy's heartbeat again, and it was so strong! After our doctor let us listen to the heartbeat, she asked if we had any questions for her, and even though I had a list of questions in my head, they all went away because I was so overwhelmed listening to the heartbeat. :)

I did find out I was A- blood type, which means I'll have to have a shot at 28 weeks if Chris isn't a negative blood type. Basically the shot protects the baby because my body can start building antibodies against the baby and reject it if I don't get the shot. So Chris has to have his blood type tested and we'll go from there.

I also LOST 2 pounds! I thought in pregnancy it was supposed to go the other way! I really haven't been able to eat a normal portion of food because I've been so dang nauseous, but it looks like I'm going to have to start eating more times during the day then just breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm sure things will turn around and I'll start gaining instead of losing!

Other than that, everything has been going smoothly! Chris and I bought the baby it's first stuffed animal; a sock monkey! :) I've been reading baby books galore and doing some 'browsing' online and picking out appropriate nursery themes if it's a boy or girl. I know our parents are super thrilled about having a new grandbaby in the family and we are excited to have our first child!

3 comments:

The Bostians said...

Hey girl! I am so glad that I found your blog so I can keep up with your pregnancy. I am so excited for you guys- you will be wonderful parents. I was going to let you know not to worry about the losing weight thing- even though I was swollen and huge, the day I delivered Kenley I was still 5lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight, at one point in the pregnancy I was 15lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. (of course I gained it all back plus more now, lucky me, haha) And Kenley was very healthy and 7lbs 11oz. So just do what you can and make sure you feel good, your little gummy will be perfect!! Can't wait to see him or her. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Amanda (Piker) Bostian :)

Clare said...

Thanks, Amanda! That's so sweet! We can't wait for what the future holds!

Melissa said...

Don't worry about loosing the weight. I've lost weight with every pregnancy I've had. The first one--my total weight gain was 16 lbs. The second, total weight gain was 3 lbs. So, basically when I have the baby, I weigh a lot less than I did when I got pregnant!
This pregnancy I am supposed to have gained about 25 lbs now. Gained 4. I eat basically nothing because my stomach has no room with two babies in there. Oh well--the babies are healthy and big so I guess it is fine.