Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back from Vegas!

Chris and I left for Vegas Thursday afternoon and had a GREAT time!  I went for a conference, and Chris got to come and play.  I learned a ton and Chris won 15 bucks!  The flight there was great.  The sky was so clear and we got to see the Grand Canyon as we flew over.  Chris was so excited because he's never been.  

The first couple of nights we stayed at the Green Valley Ranch Resort.  We had a huge tub, a separate shower, a huge king bed and a great view of the parking deck!  It was a beautiful resort, but the bed and pillows sucked.  

A friend I go to school with was also at the conference, and she brought her hubby along, so we got to see both of them and got to go out and play Friday night.  We always have a great time with Shannon and Jeremy!  We walked from one end of the strip to the other, and back again!  I thought Chris was going to have to carry me at one point, my butt hurt so bad from all the walking!!  We shopped, watched the fountains at Bellagio, saw the show at Treasure Island and had a great dinner!

After the conference, we checked out of that hotel and moved to the Hilton on the Strip.  It was kind of ghetto, but the bed and pillows were so comfy!  The hotel has a tram from the hotel further into the strip.  We rode it to the MGM Grand, saw the lions, Paris hotel, the Venetian, M&M World, and the Coca Cola Factory before going back to the hotel.  Later that night, we ate at Benihana in our hotel, went to Fremont Street, and crashed!  Sunday we flew back, unpacked, and we haven't stopped since!

The East tower of the Green Valley Ranch Resort

Overlooking the pool at the resort

Chris and me in front of an alligator playing the sax at The Orleans

Sweet Golden Arches.  We had to have a McDonald's fix!

Chris with Jeremy in the background

Chris and myself overlooking the Strip

Chris, Jeremy, Shannon, and me at dinner

In front of the Bellagio

Benihana.  Oooooh.  Aaaahhh.

Fremont Street

We had a great time, but we are so glad to be home and back in our comfy bed!  We didn't leave enough time to see a show, but that gives us an excuse to go back!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Did you get a fried twinkie when you went to Fremont Street? I should have told you about those! They. Are. Awesome.

Bailey said...

I will have to tell you our Vegas story sometime. All I have to say is it ended with Jenn ripping a huge hole in my jeans and falling asleep in the bathtub. Looks like y'all had fun, I love Vegas!!

gwen said...

Clare? Clare Palmer? Remember me?? Hints- trampoline, Magic Springs......I got your blog address off of Trish's